Sunday, March 25, 2012

GF/DF/SF Pineapple Fried Rice

As I've spoken of before I have food intolerances to gluten, dairy, and soy, and a sensitivity to nuts. One of the things I've missed is eating out, especially Thai food. A little internet searching, a little creativity and I have Meg-safe pineapple fried rice!

I used the recipe I found here, with a bit of modification.

Its very exciting to have delicious, nutritious and safe food!

Photos and tips behind the break...

Start with sauteing a bit of garlic and green onions



Then we add the vegetables! (I chose red and green peppers, and carrots)


Add the pineapple and the mini shrimp.



Then the rice...



Then the fish sauce (instead of soy sauce)


 I picked this up at my local Super 88 in the sauces aisle. Fish sauce is typically gluten, dairy and soy free.



And finally the curry powder!

 I used a store brand (Wegman's) which works fine for me.

Here is the final product:


No comments: