Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finding blessings everywhere

When things are tough, or I have to do something I really don't want to, I try to flip it around. If I don't want to go to the doctor I remind myself to be thankful I have access to quality health care. I don't want to study or go to class, I need to be thankful for the opportunity to learn and better myself. One of my friends from college puts it this way on her facebook profile:

"If you're DRIVING your old car...PRAISE God because you could be riding the BUS;
If you're RIDING the bus...PRAISE God because you could be WALKING;
If you're WALKING...PRAISE God because you could be sitting in a WHEELCHAIR;
If you're sitting in a WHEELCHAIR...PRAISE God because you could be lying in a HOSPITAL BED;
If you're lying in a HOSPITAL BED...PRAISE God because you could be RESTING 6 Feet under;
If you're Resting 6 FEET UNDER...PRAISE God because JESUS CHRIST is the RESURRECTION and the LIGHT!!!
In all things, give GOD PRAISE!!!!"

Whatever higher power you believe in or don't, the sentiment of thankfulness is the same.

I'm unendingly tired, but thankful I had the chance to try and accomplish things today.

No comments: