Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Coming back

Hello again, blog friends.

I've been away for a while, because I have been sick. I've seen scores of doctors, had dozens of tests run and there isn't much to report. I have an appointment on Thursday to rule out another thing, but I'm clearly not overly optimistic. With how terrible I still feel, and how consistently busy my schedule keeps me I don't have much time to photograph. I do at times have a few moments to blog, and have found some joy in my work as a school psychologist north of Boston. For a while, at least until I feel better, I'll try to update at least with words. Positive outlooks and positive energy are important for the health as well.


Today was a day of tough meetings, after a tough day of counseling the day before and my first Spanish class last night (my day lasted from leaving the house at 6AM, returning at 10PM). The best part of my day was pulling out the WISC-IV kit, and testing a first grader. She was sweet, and kind, and excited to learn. We took a walk, and learned all about birds, amphibians, reptiles and mammals from the 5th grade posters. She was so excited, engaged in my questions and still wanted to learn more. Moments like this remind me of why I love this work.

Stay safe and warm friends - its very cold here in MA and another winter storm is coming!