Monday, February 20, 2012

Allergen free travel

This is my first trip since solidifying my gluten, dairy and soy intolerances. The first battle was air travel. I brought an egg sandwich, a chilled grilled cheese and a pb&j, each wrapped in wax paper. I also brought a quart size bag with some chips, and some 100 calorie packs of almonds. Thankfully they all sailed straight through security tied in their own shopping bag.
Once on the road I realized I had forgotten my sunglasses and my hat back on the east coast. My fair complexion could not accept this with beach time in the plans. A trip to Target meant I could also grab some almond milk.
This left only dinner to figure out. I noticed a restaurant called Souplantation in my travels, did a little googling and decided to give it a shot.




While not cost effective (almost $12 for the meal) it was allergen safe. There was a sign touting fruit next to the dessert but it only had tiny apples and uninviting pineapple. I'm hoping tomorrow is more successful, but for today I'll take not getting "poisoned". :)

Location:Orange County, CA

No comments: