Wednesday, July 9, 2008

94. Community Integration

I visited Arts in the Park last night with my sister, to enjoy the sonorous musical stylings of Java Jive. It was quite the event, but the most important aspect (aside from the free "Quincy Punch"* and hoodsies) was the community integration. Ten years ago this event would have been entirely Anglo. Last night I would say at least a quarter if not half of the observers were non-Anglo (mostly of East Asian descent). There were even some mixed couples! This change in community dynamics gave me hope for the future.

Boogie on over to Quincy Daily Photo to check out Slim's photo.

*Quincy punch is not an actual drink, but what my sister calls the suspiciously watered down fruit drink served at all City of Quincy functions.

1 comment:

The Bantering Bookworm said...

I like that the punch has a good name now! I think I will start referring to it as Quincy punch too!